Regular Flu vs H1N1
Regular Flu vs H1N1 Commonly Asked Questions:
1. Should I get a flu shot NOW? --------Yes. We began administering the flu vaccines a few weeks ago when we received them.
2. When will the H1N1 flu shots be available? --------The latest update estimates that the H1N1 vaccine will be available mid-October.
3. Should I get BOTH the Flu Vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine? -------YES. Each vaccine covers different flu strains.
4. How much do they cost? -------The regular flu vaccine is available at our office for $25. With the limited information on H1N1, we do not have an estimated price for that vaccine. As soon as more information is available we put it out to our patients.
5. Do we offer the flu mist (nasal flu vaccine)? -------No. The vaccine we have in our office is in injection form and we do not stock the flu mist.
There is a lot of information circulating about the H1N1 virus. The most up to date, reliable place to obtain information is from the CDC website. You can also obtain a wealth of other information from their site.