Flu Shots and Vaccinations Available for Cedar Park and North Austin area families
Maintaining your health is important, and we know that our neighbors in Avery South, Davis Spring and Silver Oak feel the same for themselves and their families.
An integral part of your overall health involves receiving routine vaccinations. At Austin Urgent and Family Care, we are dedicated to maintaining and improving the health of Cedar Park and North Austin area individuals and families. At this time, we offer the following vaccinations:
- FLU SHOTS (influenza, Now Available 9 years of age and older)
- Austin Urgent Care provides traditional “killed” vaccine injections. As a result, this vaccine cannot cause the flu.
- Common side effect: Soreness at injection site
- Available on a walk-in bases while supplies last
- Cost: $30 payable by cash or credit card at the time of service as we do not file these with insurance.
A Flu Vaccination is not a cure for the flu, nor is it a guarantee that you will not get the flu. It is simply the best option, statistically, to keep from getting the flu. For more information on how the flu shot works, read these key flu vaccine facts from the CDC.
MENINGITIS VACCINE (Now Available)
State law (Senate Bill 1107) requires that all new students entering a public, private, or independent institution of higher education must provide proof of immunization for bacterial meningitis. The vaccination or booster dose must have been received during the five years prior to enrollment and at least ten days before the start of classes. Texas State requires you to meet this requirement before you will be allowed to register for classes.
Here is a list of other vaccines we offer:
- Pneumonia (recommended for 65 years and older)
- Hepatitis A & B
- Tetanus & DTAP (pertussis)
- Meningococcal (Meningitis)
There are exemptions from vaccinations, and while this link is not exhaustive on the subject, we hope you’ll find it helpful. You should contact your local ISDs for Cedar Park and North Austin (Leander ISD for Cedar Park, and of course, Austin ISD for North Austin)Please contact us to confirm vaccination availability and pricing.